ENVIRONMENT AS A CLIENT
We aim to strike a balance between fashion and the environment, striving to invent and uphold the value of fashion design within our living environment, especially by reinterpreting manufacturing techniques in knitwear.
We recognize that mixed materials pose a challenge in garment recycling. To simplify the recycling process and promote circularity, we have taken a bold step by developing garments as solid, recyclable materials. The Wholegarment knitting machine allows us to create seamless garments without the need for sewing threads. To reflect our commitment to creating solid material garments, we have employed the Wholegarment technique and have studied effective and natural approaches to both materials and energy. Our ultimate goal is to establish a foundation for an efficient recycling system and actively collaborate with material recycling specialists.
In our 2024 Spring/Summer collection, an impressive 70.3% of the garments are crafted using a single natural fiber, such as cotton and Tencel, demonstrating our commitment to simplifying recycling. The remaining 29.7% incorporates materials like Peppermint blended with Viscose and PBT, Silk blended with Cotton, and Modal blended with Cotton.
Our ongoing research focuses on sourcing more biodegradable materials. Through our partnership with Hasegawa Corporation, we ensure sustainable silk usage and have plans to increase its incorporation. We proudly reference the degradation assessment of silk conducted by General Incorporated Foundation KE’KEN Textile Testing & Certification Center, provided by Hasegawa Corporation.